Edificio Centro COINASA, PH-B
Avenida San Felipe, LA CASTELLANA
Caracas 1060 - Venezuela
Contacts: Ricardo Alberto Antequera and María Alejandra Castillo
The firm has concentrated its efforts to consolidate a team of professionals capable to attend all the needs of corporate clients in all fields of law related to Intellectual Property, Entertainment, Consumer and Advertising law. The professional services we offer include:
- Intelligent IP portfolio management.
- Pragmatic advice in business arrangements and transactions, including asset transfers, licenses and franchises, as well as in advertising and promotions.
- Successful actions against infringement, piracy, counterfeiting and unfair competition.
Our Advertising Law practice includes advice and representation relating to regulations, content, negotiations, contracts, production and disputes involving all types of messages and media, such as written, audio, audiovisual, analogical or digital. Typical of matters we handle are:
- Analyzing, advising on and managing legal risks related to advertising or campaigns.
- Counseling on the granting of licenses for the use of preexisting material or trademarks in new advertising work.
- Handling administrative procedures for the protection of intangible assets, including trademark, patent, knowledge and copyright filings.
- Negotiating, drafting contracts and/or resolving contractual disputes.
- Preparing and presenting applications for authority before public and private entities.
- Reviewing, opining and revising terms and conditions in promotions, contests and/or raffles.
- Undertaking judicial or administrative actions to guarantee the peaceful exploitation of the goods or promotional activities of our clients, including anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy actions.
Articles & News
September 2013: GALA Members Ricardo Alberto Antequera (Venezuela) and Søren Pietzcker (Germany) will participate as moderator and panelist respectively at the INTA Branding and Social Media Conference in Chicago on October 3-4, 2013. Their presentation will be on Building an International Trademark Protection Program for Brands in a Global Digital Environment.
Estudio Antequera Establishes a Specialized Life Sciences Industry Team, by: Antequera Parilli & Rodríguez
Authors: Ricardo Enrique Antequera H. & Andrés Brandt Von der Osten, Antequera Parilli & Rodriguez
GAZETTE NEWS - December 2011: New Venezuelan Sports Law To Affect Commercial Sponsorship
Authors: Ricardo Alberto Antequera & Andrés Brandt V., Antequera Parilli & Rodríguez
GAZETTE NEWS - May 2011: NEW VENEZUELAN LAW STATING SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENTS
Author: Madeleine Acosta, Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodríguez
April 2011: Supreme Court of Venezuela repeals the andean legislation on industrial property, by: Dr. Ricardo Antequera Parilli, Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodríguez
GAZETTE NEWS - March 2011: Amendment to the Venezuelan Social Responsibility in Radio and TV Act will allow for regulation over internet and wireless service
Authors: Ricardo Alberto Antequera & Andrés Brandt, Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodriguez
January 2011: GALA Members to speak at Association of National Advertisers Advertising Law & Public Policy Conferencein Washington, DC on March 15 & 16, 2011.
- Douglas J. Wood (USA, Reed Smith), GALA Chairman and ANA General Counsel will Chair the Conference and will also present on SAG / AFTRA Developments.
- Rick Kurnit (USA, Frankfurt Kurnit), will speak on The Right of Publicity in Brand Integration
- Brinsley Dresden (UK), Irina Anyukhina (Russia), Ricardo Antequera (Venezuela) and Erich Bachmann (New Zealand) will present an exclusive GALA panel on Global Advertising Clearance in A Digital World"
- Ronald Urbach (USA, Davis & Gilbert), whose firm is also a lead sponsor of the event is speaking on Collateral Consequences
- John Feldman (USA, Reed Smith) will speak on Green Marketing
- Jeffrey Greenbaum (USA, Frankfurt Kurnit), Felix Hofer (Italy), Peter LeGuay (Australia) and John Salloum (Canada) will participate in the final conference sessionPutting it All Together: New Media and the Future of Advertising
August 2010: General Manager of Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodriguez appointed new partner of the firm
August 2010: New requirements to subscribe sport sponsorship contracts in Venezuela, by Gabriela Camargo Ramírez, Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodríguez
December 2009: Pharmaceutical Advertising by Karen Incera De Bilbao and Ricardo Alberto Antequera
The article originally appeared in the 2009 edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to Pharmaceutical Advertising (Global Legal Group Ltd, London).
November 2009: Real Estate Properties at the Metropolitan Area of Caracas have been declared of cultural interest, by Mónica Granadillo Sánchez - Bello, Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodríguez
September 2009: GALA Venezuela firm Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodríguez recognized as the leading Intellectual Property firm in Venezuela for the second year in a row by Chambers & Partners
July 2009: Recent Changes in Advertising Regulation, by Mónica Granadillo Sánchez - Bello, Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodríguez
November 2008: Relevant Aspects of the New "Law for the Defense of People in the Access to Goods and Services, by Ricardo Alberto Antequera H., Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodríguez
Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodríguez (Venezuela) Young Lawyer Wins International Award
October 2007: PRESS RELEASE: Gala Venezuela, Ricardo Alberto Antequera, managing partner of Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodriguez, participates in roundtable on “Brand Protection and Anti-Counterfeiting for the Americas” in New York City, USA
March 2006: GALA Venezuela co-hosts the first Venezuelan Sports Law Congress
March 2006: Recent Supreme Court decision condemns the infringement of photographer's copyrights, by Monica Granadillo, Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodriguez
New Customs Tariffs Law Protects IP Rights And Fights Directly Against Piracy And Counterfeiting by Ricardo Alberto Antequera
Managing Brands as the Businessman's Permanent Job - and the Consumer as Judge by Ricardo Alberto Antequera, Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodriguez
Text of an article first published by PRODUCTO Magazine
New Copyright And Neighbouring Project Act Is Being Discussed In The Venezuelan Congress
by Monica Granadillo, Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodriguez
Venezuelan congress has passed the radio and TV social liability act, affecting the advertising sector,
by: Ricardo Alberto Antequera, Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodríguez