7 Stanton Terrace
Kingston 6, St. Andrew
Contact: Dianne Daley
Tel: +876 927 4371
Fax: +876 927 5081
FOGA DALEY was established in 2000 as a boutique Intellectual Property (IP) and Communications Law Firm, the first of its kind in the English-speaking Caribbean.
Over the past decade FOGA DALEY has distinguished itself as a leading law firm which handles complex commercial matters involving IP, communications and information technology. The Firm is known for its innovative and timely service delivery and commitment to the development of indigenous businesses.
In addition to intellectual property transactions, portfolio management, rights acquisition and maintenance and licensing in the areas of trademarks, copyright, designs and patents, the Firm's practice extends to allied areas such as entertainment and media law, advertising and mergers and acquisitions.
The Firm offers specialist advice to clients in the creative industries and ICT sectors, and represents entertainers and other celebrities, businesses, statutory corporations and international and regional organizations. The Firm provides various services related to advertising and media law including legal advice on regulatory compliance, talent contracts, rights clearance, dispute resolution, comparative advertising, trademark-related issues, branding and marketing strategies, privacy, publicity and defamation in the context of cyberspace, sponsorship and endorsement contracts and merchandising.
The Firm also provides litigation support services for IP infringement actions including anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy actions and passing off.
The founding partners, Dianne Daley, LL.B. Hons. LL.M. and Nicole Foga B.A. Hons. LL.B. LL.M. have advanced law degrees covering the fields of intellectual property and international transactions and over 30 years combined experience in IP law, policy and practice.
Over the years the partners have been acknowledged as Caribbean experts in the field of intellectual property and telecommunications law and have worked as experts for the Government of Jamaica, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the United Kingdom Commission on Intellectual Property Rights, the Commonwealth Secretariat and other international organizations. Both partners have extensive legislative and regulatory experience and offer a unique perspective to their clientele.
Partner Dianne Daley is the Chairman of the Intellectual Property Subcommittee of the Jamaican Bar Association, and Partner Nicole Foga is the Chairman of the Technology, Broadcasting and Telecommunications Subcommittee of the Jamaican Bar Association.
In addition the Foga Daley Partners are members of the following associations:
- International Trademark Association (Associate Member)
- International Association for the Advancement of Teaching and Research in Intellectual Property
- Society for Computers and Law
- ITechLaw Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- American Bar Association (Associate Member)
The Partners are published widely with publications including:
- Local pharmaceutical companies win temporary relief from Pfizer, IP Value 2010: Building and enforcing intellectual property value; Global White Page
- New Ground on Celebrities' Rights? Brand Management IP Focus, Managing Intellectual Property, May 2009 Euromoney Investor
- Jamaica Chapter, in Copyright Throughout The World, by Silke Von Lewinski (editor) and International Contributors, Thompson West (2008)
- Jamaica: Intellectual Property, International Encyclopaedia of Laws, Kluwer Law International, Intellectual Property - Suppl. 47 (September 2008)
- Jamaica Takes Control, Brand Management IP Focus, Managing Intellectual Property, May 2008, Euromoney Investor
- Jamaica: Tapping into the value of Intellectual Property, IP Value 2009: Building and enforcing intellectual property value; Global White Page
- Jamaican Court sets the "record" straight Entertainment Law Review Vol. 20 Issue 3, 2009
- Jamaica, Trademark Owners Draw the Battle lines - IP Value 2008
- Jamaica: The IP War is Heating Up, IP Value 2007
- IP Ownership In Jamaica, Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Magazine - Maximising IP Value for Business, Issue 12, June/July 2005, Global White Page
SELECT CARIBBEAN COUNTRIES
Foga Daley offers a portal for legal services in its Practice Areas in the following Caribbean Countries listed below.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- Turks & Caicos Islands
- Trinidad & Tobago